It's almost that time of the year again folks. Halloween is on the horizon and, even though you might have children of your own now, you still want to come up with the dopest costume to impress all your friends and the drunk white girls at the bar.
Sure, you could dress up as Lil' Wayne or Nicki Minaj...but why not get a little more creative than that? brokencool presents 7 Unique Hip-Hop Halloween Costumes.
BROKE BOW WOW
Broke Bow Wow is a pretty easy costume. Essentially, you could just go out dressed as Bow Wow...no need to accessorize. But to really hammer home the point of "hey everyone look at me, I'm broke Bow Wow", you're gonna need some help.
Here is what you'll need:
- One baseball cap worn backwards (must say YMCMB)
- A pay-as-you-go cell phone
- A YMCMB sweatshirt (must be raddy and torn...this is supposed to be the only you have)
- Skinny jeans
- A pair of those dork glasses frames that every person feels the need to wear
- Several copies of "Like Mike" on DVD glued to your sweatshirt along with a sign on the front that reads "Like Mike DVDs 2 for $5." On the back of the sweatshirt it should say "Mr 106."
For good measure, everytime someone asks you "who are you supposed to be?" say "I'm supposed to be signed to Young Money but I don't know what the fuck is going on" and then proceed to shed a tear.
LIL' WAYNE KISSING A MAN
It happened again:
Here is a costume that works every year but it should gain popularity again in 2012 as, judging by the video above, Weezy F is kissin' the fellas again. This is a bit of a tougher costume to pull off but if MIMS can have a hit record, you can do anything. Here is what you'll need:
- Standard Lil' Wayne clothing...you know...jeggings, sunglasses, Uggs, fake dreads or, if you have your own, your dreads, several fake tattoos or if you're really dedicated, feel free to do the eyelid tats
- A male blow up doll (preferably a bald one that's black and has gold fronts...or whatever Stevie J looks like)
- You'll need to have some double sided tape of some sort near your lips and then affix the blow up doll (to signify a never ending embrace of swag)
Yes, it's going to be a little uncomfortable to walk around all night with a man affixed to your lip region but hey, if you want to be Lil' Wayne, you need to make some sacrifices.
This is the one I wanna go with. Gunplay is currently one of my favorite rappers and he seriously looks like a cartoon character...you know, if your favorite cartoon character went skiing a lot and fought anyone and everything moving.
The Gunplay Halloween costume is pretty simple. Here is what you need:
- Wife beater
- Thick ass dreads (Jesus Christ had dreads so shake 'em)
- Black shades...like the same color as Akon
- A little bit of powder right by the nose area:
To make the night really convincing, look for a group of 6-8 dudes and fight all those muhfuckas:
Houston born rapper Riff Raff built his career off wearing really loud colors and rapping about getting "Rabies":
Riff Raff screams "Halloween costume"...he also screams "don't give everyone cameras and a microphone."
To dress as Riff Raff, you'll need:
- To not take a bath or shower for about 2 weeks
- A fine pencil to draw in very defined lines of facial hair
- Take 4 of your most colorful shirts and where them...all of them...at the same damn time
- Where some modified Oakley shades:
DRAKE LISTENING TO AALIYAH
Sure, anyone can go out for Halloween as Drake. See:
Scary shit...but let's take that Drake Halloween costume to another level.
Here is what you'll need to go out for Halloween as 'Drake Listening to Aaliyah':
- You'll need that pencil to draw in some Drizzy five o'clock shadow
- An Aaliyah t-shirt...preferably this one:
- An Aaliyah record on vinyl (you will need to clutch this all night)
- Sad Drake face all night is a must:
If anyone talks to you, just hum "Four Page Letter" and say nothing.
Easy one here folks (and an excellent idea might I say). The most difficult part of this costume is finding a talented artist.
What you'll need:
- An artist to draw a decent version of Kreayshawn's "Something 'Bout Kreay" album cover:
- Shrink wrap...lot's of shrink wrap. You need to essentially shrink wrap your entire body (leave the mouth...we need you alive on Nov. 1)
What does the shrink wrap signify? It signifies that Kreayshawn's album is still in the shrink wrap because NO ONE BOUGHT IT! You may need to explain this one to people. For good measure, write "over 3000...but under 4000 served" on the album cover.
BET HIP-HOP AWARDS
I think this is the most original and creative idea of the bunch. This year's BET Hip-Hop Awards were, as predicted, a big clusterfuck of fuckery and violence. What better way to honor the BET Hip-Hop Awards than by dressing up as the BET Hip-Hop Awards for Halloween!
Seriously...do this...and win every costume prize...and then give me my cut.
What you'll need:
- A shirt with a BET logo on it (even better, if you can steal an actual BET Hip-Hop Awards promo shirt from some rapper's hanger-on)
- An MMG chain (a fake one people...not from an actual MMG artist...yes...I'm looking at you 50)
- A broken mirror glued to your shirt...where did that mirror come from anyways? It looks like something my grandma would have had in her living room:
- Glue some bullets to your shirt
- Get a plain baseball cap and attach a fake slab of beef
TADA! You are now dressing up as the BET Hip-Hop Awards.